Tumblr is a free microblogging platform. You can easily create attractive functional blog in a matter of minutes – and you can forward your own domain to your Tumblr blog.
Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos from your browser, phone, desktop, email or wherever you happen to be. You can customize everything, from colors to your theme’s HTML.
Some of the more outstanding features of Tumblr include:
- Bookmarklet: Quickly share web treasures via this quick link you add to your bookmark bar.
- Post via email: Automatically post text, photos, or videos to your Tumblr blog via a unique email address. The email address is found on the Settings page for any of your blogs.
- Mass edit posts and tags: The Mega-Editor is a powerful tool to easily edit tags on multiple posts at the same time.
- Phone in an audio post: Via a toll-free number (Dial 1-866-584-6757) you can call in a post and it will be automatically posted for your followers.
- Short URLs: Short urls are useful when you’d like to share a link to one of your posts and you don’t have much space. If you’ve connected your blog to Twitter, you can grab the short url for any published post from the right column of the Edit screen for that post.
- Reblog between your blogs: Click “reblog” on any of your own posts to reblog it to any of your other Tumblr blogs.
- Keyboard shortcuts for fast navigation through posts. Pressing “Z + tab” will switch between the dashboard and the public view of your blogs.
- Mobile apps for either iOS or Android operating systems.
Popular Tumblr Blogs: Celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Zooey Deschanel and President Obama have all used Tumblr to run their blogs.
- Costs: Free
- Ability to use custom domain: Yes
- Integration with Google Analytics: Yes
- Ability to Use Custom Themes: Yes